Sunday, October 31, 2010

Red Tree For Jenn By Tara Colborne

Your words.

They have become our sanctuary, our knowing
Like you, they grow

Singular
Beautiful
Inspirational

Your words have changed us
Your words have healed us
Your words are here and now and tomorrow and forever and red

These are your words:

“Surrendering”
You are a child of the universe
You are “growing”, you are “exceptional”, you are “loved”
No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should
You perceive the surreal and the surrender
“I need a sign, give me the sign that today will be...”

… a beautiful world. It is still a beautiful world.

You believe in the poetry and the signs and the love
and spit out
terminal palliative chronic
Spit them out
and fill up on
sweet love, spreading love, love of family, love of Coady,
gratitude and love, bravery and love

“Green tree, green tree, green tree, red tree, green tree, green tree.”

This world is not our home.
There is something more.
And miles to go before you sleep,
And miles to go before you sleep.

“Green tree, green tree, green tree, red tree, green tree, green tree.”

You are our red tree.

Please God
Watch over me and protect me and keep me safe.

And then there was love. Knock.
There was always love. Breathe
There will always be love. Shine.

Amen.

(A mostly found poem inspired by the blog: http://babywillyoulovemewhenimbald.blogspot.com/.) by Tara Colborne
I don’t know Jenn but her blog battered my heart and made me weep and shake, but, ultimately, made me, finally, love and be grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Learned of your illness and your blog in a recent newspaper article. I am praying for you and your family during this tough time and trust you will be given added courage as you face each new day.

www.heaven4sure.com